Monday, November 28, 2005

Leah Ristau


On November 25, 2005, Leah was diagnosed with a large abdominal tumor. The doctors believe it is a hepatoblastoma that orginates in the liver. It is very large and will require chemotherapy and surgery and perhaps some other types of treatments further down the road.

On Tuesday, November 29, 2005, Chris, Tina, and Leah will be meeting with doctors in Iowa City and on Wed., Nov. 30, Leah will undergo a biopsy (abdominal surgery), bone marrow harvest, and have a port inserted so she may begin chemotherapy.

We have received so many phone calls, emails, and visits, and have thousands of people around the country already praying for Leah. Please continue to pray for her and have your friends and relatives do so as well.

We plan to update this site often-if not daily, then several times a week, so you can hear of Leah's progress.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Sabelka said...

My family and I have had you in our thoughts and prayers since we heard the news. I truly believe that faith and prayer are the two best medicines to help you through such difficult obstacles. Your courage and strength have already been an inspiration to all! This Sunday, I will be running the Honolulu Marathon after raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am displaying the names of individuals who have been affected by cancer on the back of my racing singlet to run in their honor and to give me strength throughout the race. I would like to add Leah's name to a ribbon to wear as I run if that is OK with you. Continue to stay positive and strong and know that many prayers are being sent your way!

The Sabelkas

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home