Tuesday, August 01, 2006


My two girls! The shirts say "Mommy's Shopping Buddy" which I guess they both are. We had a good time at Target yesterday picking those out along with new black gauchos. Quite the fashion statement they made today.

We don't have much to report here--no news is good news. We do have a blood draw at Covenant on Thursday and Leah is enjoying being off her medicines. I have been scrapbooking-and catching up a bit with it, although I will never ben totally caught up. I even started doing the book blog again for the Des Moines Register (I am having some problems editing it right now), which feels good to be taking part in some normal activities. The girls are best friends one minute and worst enemies the next. Yesterday I made them both sit in time out for hitting each other and Leah almost went into hysterics because I made them miss their flight to Montana. I told her several times that in making things up you can change the flight time to whenever you want, but she did not buy that at all. We are going to start practicing going to bed at a normal time and getting up in the mornings because school will be a rude awakening. We have not had to rush around the house and get to daycare/school since November.

We have 14 days left til Leah's birthday, so today we ordered her cake from Hy-Vee. She chose Dora, of course. Chris happens to be off on her birthday so we will go to Chuck E. Cheese on the 15th (she has been wanting to go there for months, but we have avoided it because of germs), and then our family party on the 20th.

This update is probably short and boring-but that is the best kind! Please keep sending your prayers for Leah's complete healing here on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home