Tuesday, January 24, 2006

January 24, 2006

What a difference 24 hours makes. Yesterday we were rejoicing that Leah's tumor had shrunk a significant amount. Today we are worried once more because her AFP reading is back up to 257,000.

I called this afternoon to get the results from yesterday's test. I almost wish I had not called and enjoyed feeling happy for a bit longer. I talked to a physician's assistant who we have met before in the clinic. He had no real answers for these results and ended up paging Dr. Rahdi. Dr. Rahdi and Dr. Loew talked it over as well, and are not sure what is going on. The AFP results do not correspond with the scan yesterday. They did say they were "concerned." However, like everything all we can do is wait. We have heard that we may be having surgery earlier than originally planned. This is still all very preliminary because the surgeons will need to look at scan results to see if resection is feasible at this point. It is very discouraging, frustrating, and heartbreaking to have to wait and wait and wait some more and still not know what is really going on. Luckily Leah does not care one bit about AFP results and has happily chatted away about many things today. We do have our scheduled clinic visit on Thursday when we will see Dr. Rahdi and try to sort out some of our questions. I wish that I knew I would feel some relief after our visit, but I am doubting there is any answer for things at this point.

Leah does not feel too badly today. Connor and Deb Smith visited this morning. She and Chloe had several knock down, drag out fights and when Chloe pottied on my wool sweater Leah's response was, "I find this kite hoomorous."

So, our good news of yesterday takes a downward turn today on this cancer rollercoaster. Please, please pray for resolution to this AFP problem, for her AFP to lower, and for surgery to be possible if needed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam J said...

Chris and Tina-
I know it's easy for me to sit here and tell you this, but keep your focus on Him, He has all of you in His care and with Him all things are possible! We love you guys and we pray for you all the time. We look forward to your daily updates. We will now pray for answers tomorrow and for a lower AFP numbers.
God's Blessings-
Pam (and Bill)

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home