Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 22, 2006

I have little news to report today. Leah has had two fun days at home. Yesterday I was home for the morning and we did some more laundry and not much else. Leah informed me this was very boring, but Grandma Karen came over in the afternoon with her dog, Molly, and she enjoyed that. Esther also came over at night for another glue picking party even though we aren't doing GCSF shots right now. And, Uncle Randy came over just before bedtime so the girls got to see him, too.

Today Leah was up at the crack of dawn. She is a very light sleeper and as soon as I am up she seems to wake up, too. Since I worked all day today that meant she was up at 6 AM. She talks from the moment she awakens and has much to report. She informed me that she would take care of getting Chloe ready for daycare today and wanted to know exactly how I do her pullups and underwear. Her fun activity of the day with Grandma was making Grandpa Arlyn's birthday cake and decorating it. When Grandma arrived at 7:30 this morning and Leah remembered that was on the agenda she wanted me to go on my merry way. They had a great day and Leah took a morning nap since she was up so early. However, Leah is quite stubborn and even though I had volunteered many times to make her little salad concoction ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator for her later in the day she did not want that. So instead she waited to eat anything until I got home and could make another one for her.

Chris is working tonight and Esther is over again for some glue picking. We have run out of guacamole chips and my special trip to Target to buy more was disappointing since they still appear to be out of them. I did buy the Doritos brand of guacamole chips, but this is not the correct kind so the rest of us will have to eat on those.

Two days until the CT scan. This continues to make me nervous. I keep looking at her stomach which still seems awfully round to me. It is soft, though, and it was not when she was diagnosed. She is also puffy everywhere so perhaps I should stop analyzing her abdomen every two seconds because as Leah pointed out when I gave her a little squeeze there, "Tina, that is annoying!"

Please pray for good scan results, a shrinking tumor, and skill and wisdom for the surgeons as they look at these scans and perform surgery. Please pray for Leah's continued good spirits and good health as we near the date of surgery. In the past few days we have received many emails, cards, and phone calls from people checking in and letting us know that they are praying for us. This continues to lift our spirits and give us strength to get through these next few days and weeks ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home