Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday, February 27, 2006

Greetings from the funny farm. We have had a good day with lots of laughter. Leah continues to amaze us with her witty comments. So here we go! Leah brought to our attention that she had found one of Chloe's old "binkeys" in her room. She proceeded to tell us how she found it and then commented that, "It sent me into hysterics!" I didn't realize that finding on old pacifier is so thrilling. As we were getting ready for bed, I thought I would lighten the mood a bit and do the chicken dance for Leah - minus the music. She didn't break a smile and looked seriously at me and said, "Dad, you look like you are going to wet your pants!" I guess I win the dork award for the day.

Tonight we visited G.G. (Great Grandma Norma) at the Denver Sunset Home. She is happy to be back from a several day "vacation" to the Waverly Health Center with a respiratory illness. We did not stay long because of all the nasty stuff that has been going around, but I'm sure she appreciated the short visit. The girls both cashed in with a few Hershey's Kisses as a treat. Ironically, Leah no longer eats Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I think she has realized she met her quota for the year during the month of January. After our trip, Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Daryl visited. This was exciting because the girls had not seen Grandma Kathy for several days because she was under the weather as well. Leah was able to give her the gift she had picked out for her 60th B-Day that was last week. Once again, I would like to wish her a HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY. It's been hard for me, but I have actually let her off pretty easy, after years of asking her if this was the year she turned 60.

For those of you who get the Waterloo Courier, please read the article titled "Grandson getting hit by car hits Grandpa hard" by Leonard Pitts. It is found in today's opinion page. Tina pointed it out to me. One of the last paragraphs states, "I keep thinking how all the uncertainty of life can be summed up in the ringing of the telephone. But it comes with the territory, doesn't it? Uncertainty, I mean. You just never know. Life is a dance on the highwire above mortality. It unfolds in the shadow of tragedies past and tragedies yet to come. There's nothing you can do about it except use the time in between to laugh, sing, hug, read comic books with your grandkids as often as you can." Though the article was geared towards his relationship with his grandkids, if you take this paragraph and make an addition of your spouse, siblings, parents, friends, co-workers, etc, it would be a pretty good incantation to live by.

Blessings,

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home