Thursday, August 31, 2006

Reeve Christina Ristau



The Ristau Sisters: Leah, Chloe and Reeve


Reeve Christina Ristau
Born 8-29-06
6lbs, 9oz.
20.25"


Leah and Chloe are excited to announce the birth of their baby sister, Reeve. Chris and I enjoyed a happy occasion at the hospital for a change and we are doing well and are enjoying being home today. I went to the hospital on Tuesday morning to be induced and after things got started at 10:30 AM, I got my epidural at 12:30 and Reeve was born at 2:06 PM. She has a lot of dark hair much like the girls, but also has her own look to her. The girls were very excited to come to the hospital and meet her on Tuesday night. They also visited again on Wednesday morning and came again for supper that night. Things went quite smoothly and it is still amazing to us that we have another child and are home already. With everything that went on with Leah, this pregnancy did not receive a lot of attention even though we were/are excited about our newest addition. The girls have been looking forward to this for quite a while now and I have two great helpers.

The quotes of the day occurred at the hospital yesterday. After being there for five minutes yesterday Leah looked at me and said, "You know, your tummy is still fat, Tina." Then five minutes later when I took Chloe to the bathroom she looks at me and asks, "Do you have another baby in your tummy?" Oh, well. By Baby #3 I have low expectations for my appearance immediately after having a baby. The only thing I will say is that I am fully prepared and looking forward to the day I can hit the treadmill again.

We have said many prayers of thanksgiving for an uneventful birth and a beautiful new baby. We also continue to pray for Leah's health to continue as we celebrate many happy occasions in our family and are enjoying some sense of normalcy. While our days here are seeming hectic as we try to adjust to our new routine, we continue to be grateful for all the people who keep us in their prayers and faithfully check our blog to keep updated on our family and Leah's health.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Flege said...

Congratulations on the birth of your Beautiful and healthy baby girl. What a blessing! :)
The Flege Family

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home