Friday, February 02, 2007

February 2, 2007

Today is Dance Marathon! Leah was unable to go to sleep last night because "I have rock and roll in my ears." She and Chloe are both very excited about the upcoming events. Some of Leah's nurses have emailed that they will be there, so we are looking forward to seeing them in a non-hospital setting. I am looking forward to the weekend, but not really the idea that we get to "celebrate" at Dance Marathon. I am very sure our lives would have been complete without this past year. Yet, despite those feelings.....Leah looks and feels good and last year at this time we were not so sure we would be returning with her for Dance Marathon. The plan is for us to leave for Iowa City right after work/school and return late tomorrow afternoon. Leah thinks she is staying up until 3. My sister is coming from Des Moines sometime tonight as well. Reeve is going with us although I am not sure she will enjoy herself. On Saturday morning Chris is presenting to the Spirit Dancers right before they perform and then at 9:50 we are doing a radio interview. I think it will be broadcast up in the Waterloo/CF area since people from home heard us last year. The part that Chris is presenting includes a DVD with pictures of Leah from diagnosis until now. It is set to music- the LAnce Armstrong Live Strong song that Chris received at the Lance Armstrong Cancer Summit and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper.

Next Thursday we go back to Iowa City for a check-up--blood draw for AFP level. Please pray for a low, low result....if you want to be specific, I would like a number under 3!

I will try to post some Dance Marathon pictures after this weekend as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home