Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24, 2008

Looking back at my last post it seems impossible that almost two months have passed. That means it is time for another Iowa City trip. Leah has a CT scan and blood work scheduled for Thursday morning. Once again she looks great on the outside, but the fear of something going on that we cannot see is always there. I am not sure who still checks in on us, but if you are, please pray for Leah to have a very boring, routine checkup on Thursday: a clean CT scan and low AFP.

Since I last posted we have enjoyed having a normal, busy life. Dance Marathon was the first weekend in February and the girls thought it was great! We left Reeve at Grandma's because Chris and I had to drive separately so I could drive back on Saturday morning to take a class. That left him with Leah and Chloe to hang out with. My sister, Suzanne, and our friend, Lis also came to hang out and help.

More recently we have had the flu visit our house. Only Reeve had it horribly- throwing up for over 5 days. I had it for 24 hours, but the rest of our family seems to have missed it. Reeve is talking more - she is good at saying no, but has figured out how to nod her head as well, and is very good at saying "here, Mommy," with anything and everything she hands me.

Our Easter celebration was low-key this year. I took the girls (Chris stayed with Reeve) to the Good Friday Tenebrae service at church. Last year Leah fell asleep waiting for the lights to go off. This year she was awake, but annoyed with how long it took. On Saturday we decorated eggs and hid them outside a few times. Reeve's contribution was her one colored egg she managed to poke her finger all the way through. The girls were excited to look at their loot on Easter morning and had a good time finding all the eggs the Easter Bunny hid. We went to church at Nazareth in Cedar Falls since their service began at 10 - a sunrise service with 3 young kids is a recipe for disaster at our house. Last night we went to my parents for supper.

Today it is back to work and school. Both Leah and I had spring break last week. I am guessing we will be rather tired and crabby by the end of this week.

I will post Thursday after our appointment. Please continue to remember Leah in your prayers, especially for her check-up on Thursday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Flege said...

we still check in and think of you often. praying for god appointment on thursday!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Epley Family said...

Just a note to say we still are checking in with you! We're thankful for what God has done in Leah and we'll pray she'll continue to have great test results with this trip to the doctor, too!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Heggens said...

I check in often, since I miss talking to you at work. I will be praying as always for good news. It is so nice to hear about all the "normal" activities you are able to do...I'm sure you don't take them for granted. Blessings!!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home