Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

I just checked our blog tonight, after having updated it from Iowa City this morning, to realize that somehow that update never got posted. Bummer.
So....
AFP =1.6
Things still look good. The only thing I don't like is that her platelets are at 137....normal is 150-400. When I quizzed Dr. Rahdi about it he didn't seem very concerned. I had known, and he reminded me, that sickness will make a person's platelets drop, and since Leah was sick last week, this was the perfect set-up for lower platelets. He told me that he always had to give me something to worry about on each visit.
After our visit we managed to stop at Prairie Lights Bookstore, Coral Ridge Mall, and had lunch at Hu Hot. Leah claimed she was starving, but there was not a lot of food that she ate at Hu-Hot. However, she managed to "need" an ice-cream cone from Cold Stone Creamery right next door, and ate the entire thing. We did stop at the consignment shop, but for the first time ever, bought nothing. There were a lot of cute things there, but the girls don't really need anything right now (although they might after I get a look at their spring and summer stuff), so we left emptyhanded.
Our next visit is not until June 11. There was some discussion about when a scan will take place. I am all for doing them on an as needed basis, which is how we left things for right now.
Thanks for checking in and all your thoughts and prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Epley Family said...

Thanks for the updates. So glad to hear things are well! Hope to see you sometime! :)

1:08 AM  
Blogger Amy Flege said...

glad to hear all is going well!!!!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Aklockhart said...

Glad to hear that things went well in Iowa City!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home