Wednesday, May 10, 2006

May 10, 2006

We are enjoying our time at home! Leah was up at 7:30 on Monday morning at the hospital and had us go out to the nurses desk to wait for Dr. Ellen to come on the floor so she could send us home. Dr. Ellen arrived just before 8, and Leah got unhooked from her tubes, had her port needle taken out, and then proceeded to walk/run up and down the hall. She and Anuba, one of her favorite residents, had trike races down the hall which Leah proudly claims she won. I am impressed Anuba was able to get on that little trike at all. When I asked Leah if she was ready to leave, she wanted to stay for a while. I guess we can be happy that she is comfortable there and does not find everything about the hospital and this entire experience completely dreadful. She had big plans for our trip home-shopping! We ended up at Prairie Lights, a scrapbook store, consignment store, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, and lunch at the Olive Garden. The big purchase of the day was a jogging stroller at the consignment store. When Leah fell asleep on the couch on Monday night I was not surprised.

I worked on Tuesday afternoon, which left us enough time yesterday morning for baths, a short stroller ride and walk to the store, and some relaxing in general. We had another stroller ride last night, a trip to Grandma and Grandpa Behnke's, with a visit from Baby Drea while we were there.

Chloe is wearing big girl pants now! She and Leah seem to need to use the bathroom simultaneously so whenever one of them states they are going to the bathroom, the other is hot on her heels. Last night Chloe thought she should read/sing the Muffin Man book to Leah while she was in there. Leah has no time for this: "I would prefer Chloe not read to me. I read my own books." Chloe, happily oblivious, carries on reading anyway.

I am working all day today. Leah is supposed to shop with Chris for a Mother's Day present for me. He is also talking about planting our flowers and Leah has scheduled herself to help with that. We go for blood work tomorrow (just a finger poke). I am guessing by Monday her counts should drop. I don't like her low counts at all, but her last round of chemo. really caused them to drop, and her AFP did, too, so if there is any correlation, I am all for low counts.

Keep up all the prayers for a much, much lower AFP. I think they will check it next week Thursday...and we need a normal reading before Leah even gets to think of not going in for chemo. every three weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home