Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 20, 2007

This past week has been one of a lot of hard work and messes! We are still in the process of moving --quite a job! On Saturday Chris had rounded up some good friends (at least they used to like us until we had them hauling out tons of our junk) to help move most of our big stuff. They did a great job....the beds were set up at the new house and they managed to place everything where they thought it would be best without any direction as to how I wanted things. My friend, Julie (who used to be Leah's preschool teacher and is now going to be my personal organizer) came to help me throw away a lot. I am getting much better at tossing things, especially when I realize there is no way all of this will ever fit in our new house, and I actually want it to look nice. We are still working on a HUGE book problem. The book room at the old house has barely been touched. I have weeded a lot of books, but even with that, some may have to go to my parents until I am able to read and get rid of. Too bad I can't find more time for leisure reading. Chris is on call one last time tonight. Otherwise we have all been spending the night at our new home. This is taking some adjusting in terms of how we do our morning routine....especially right now since we have no countertop or sink in our kitchen. We also have yet to purchase a washer and dryer. Leah and Chloe and Reeve were with grandparents this weekend because there is no way we could have accomplished all we needed to with their help. Plus, Leah would have freaked out when she saw the amount of her stuff I had to get rid of (all being stored for a garage sale or to Trinkets and Togs in Waverly). When they finally got to see the new house on Saturday evening Leah was so excited. Chloe didn't seem as enthused, but she has been battling a stomach bug. I think she finally feels like herself today. And Reeve was in for her six month check-up and got four shots yesterday. Now she is the one who needs a little extra TLC. She also weighs in at a whopping 14 lbs, 11 oz. --that is actually a lot for our kids. Chloe was 16lbs, 8oz at a year, and Leah just over 18lbs at a year.

It almost feels like spring these past few days. I can't wait! Chris starts his new job on Monday, and I think we have been so busy with trying to get the rest of our stuff out of our old house that we haven't really processed all of that yet. By the way, our phone number stays the same and we are now hooked up at the new place, so if anyone calls it rings there. Our mail service starts today, trash on Friday and we are getting television and DSL hook-up as well. So, things are getting taken care of, even though we have more than enough boxes to go through.

I need to get to work, but wanted to let everyone know how our move is going. Please keep sending prayers for Leah's complete healing on earth, and continued good news from her Iowa City check-ups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home