Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 21, 2007

AFP = 1.4 - AGAIN!

It can stay that number for forever as far as I am concerned. Today's check-up went well. We actually arrived in Iowa City slightly early- the clinic wasn't even open, so quickly went and got a cinnamon roll and then came back to check in. When they were doing Leah's normal assessments (height, weight, blood pressure and temp.) Fred, the nurse took her temp. in both ears and said she had a fever. Leah looked good, and didn't feel warm to me. So, he used a different thermometer from another exam room and her temp. was normal. I know she isn't in treatment anymore, but we lived in fear of fevers for so long that even hearing that now-especially a random fever for no reason-had me on alert.

I almost was able to take a picture of Leah and Dr. Rahdi, but then when she realized what was going on she was having no part of it. We got to see Tom and Mary Lou and Anubah, a resident as well. Anubah was walking by us in the hall and didn't recognize us until I yelled out to her. Everyone who sees Leah from our hospital days can't believe how different she looks - how much hair, how much bigger, etc. We did know that James was working on third floor but once we had our lab results Leah wanted to leave - NOW. So, off we went for some shopping and lunch at the Olive Garden. She is once again napping in the van.

The next visit is scheduled for July 26 and will include a CT scan. UGH. Guess I will just enjoy the number 1.4 for a few weeks.

Thanks again for the prayers and continuing to check in. I don't post as often, but that's because life is normal here and we are enjoying it. VBS ends tomorrow and Leah has a playdate lined up, then we plan on doing a few fun things these next few weeks- trips to the pool, seeing some friends, the summer reading program at the library. Someday soon (when I can find my cord) I will post some new pictures. It has been a long time and Leah's hair is growing quite a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger ASP said...

Hi Ristau Family,

We have never met but we're the couple from Chicago that know Nicole O'Donnell. We still check in to see how Leah is doing and we are so happy that things are going well. All our best!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Kris Byers said...

Hey Tina (and family):

It is so good to hear the great news! I have been thinking about you alot as I knew that Leah had an appointment coming up.

Enjoy summer - August will be here soon!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Thanks for sharing - and come see us sometime in Madison!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home