Friday, March 30, 2007

March 30, 2007

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Leah's surgery to remove her tumor. To be honest, I thought about it several times in these last few weeks, but we were busy yesterday and didn't really remember it as the anniversary until Chris called from Grinnell (where he is this week for classes again) and talked about it. What a difference a year makes! We are praying for another happy anniversary of this date in 2008 as well.

Chris is coming home from Grinnell today after finishing up classes there. We have done a great job of keeping busy during the week without him, but the house is a bit messier and I can't get as much done when I am by myself.

We had dance class this week and afterwards I took the girls to McDonalds. This is not my favorite restaurant, but it ranks near the top for the girls. Leah has decided she now likes the big tube you can climb in - Chloe had already decided she liked it and "taught" Leah how to play in it. I have had conferences this week. That means I didn't go to work until 1 on Thursday. So, I took Leah in late to school and Chloe and I ate lunch with her. Today I am on a normal schedule, but Leah didn't have school. She was dropped off at our former neighbor Esther's until my dad picks her up. She is quite excited by the prospect of a day with Grandpa Daryl and Esther is watching her triplet granddaughters, so Leah will get to play with them this morning for a while. Tomorrow the triplets are coming to our house for a playdate.

It is hard to believe that next weekend is Easter already. Time is going so quickly. That also means that Leah's CT scan is coming right up. In some ways I just want it to be done and over with. It is hard to enjoy things knowing that is coming up. We ask for prayers for a clean CT scan and a very low AFP on April 12 when we return to Iowa City. Leah looks great and she now has worn barrettes a few times, so her hair is growing, growing, growing.
Thanks for continuing to check in on us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home