Monday, March 05, 2007

March 5, 2007

I am trying to get back in the groove of school after having too many days off last week. However, I spent the morning on hold with Iowa City Hospitals and Clinics trying to reschedule Leah's appointment. We had agreed we would come in 5 weeks at her last appointment on Feb. 8, but got the appointment reminder in the mail scheduling it for March 8. I waited until today to call and reschedule not thinking it would be a big deal. Well, after spending time on hold and finding out that Dr. Radhi was leaving the country for 3 weeks after this week I emailed him myself. He will be gone from March 11 until April 2. He needs to see her before he leaves. Maybe if I really pressured him he would agree to wait until his return, but that is almost 2 months in between visits-too long for us right now. So, we have to head down now on this Thursday. While this should be no big deal, I was completely thrown for a loop by this. I am mentally prepared to go next week-not this week. I agree it will be nice to have the visit with over a week sooner, and not worry an additional seven days. That will leave all of spring break without worrying--as long as her check-up goes well. With all of our moving and trying to settle in and the big storms, I feel like we were just in Iowa City. It certainly does not seem that a month has passed. Leah inquired a few nights ago when we would go again, and usually we try to do something fun as well on our trips. Please, please pray for a good, uneventful check-up. I know that people probably think that these check-ups should get easier over time, but they don't . Instead I think I get more worked up each time and hate going there even more. It brings back a lot of sad reminders of our lives a year ago. We are so thankful to be where we are today and we certainly don't want to go back to that type of life again.
Other than that...Leah has been busy reading up a storm. She is reading Chloe books now, and each night I read a few books to her before bed. She usually picks a few to read right back to me and does not stop until she has read til the end. Right now her favorites are the Henry and Mudge books. We are also anxiously looking forward to spring and some warm weather!
I'll update after our visit on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home