Tuesday, January 10, 2006

January 10, 2005

I almost did not post tonight, but since I know many people check this blog every day (something we are very thankful for), I felt the need to reassure you by posting that we are still here in Denver, and things are going along nicely.

Leah woke up full of energy this morning. She had a very long afternoon nap while I was at school, which makes me wonder if her counts are going down yet, and asked to go to bed early tonight. However, we started bedtime at 7:30 and she was still up at 10 wasting time.

Chloe has developed a nice, green snotty cold. Yuck! Exactly what we don't need. She is getting some eye teeth and is cranky, and very much wants Mommy. This is hard work because both children seem to need me all the time right now.

I did not go to school until noon. Leah got up by 7 and devoured a yogurt and drank a cup of whole milk. By 9:30 we were making pancakes for her second breakfast. Then when I left she was getting ready to eat macaroni and cheese. After I got home she ate another yogurt, a piece of pizza, more milk, Krismar chips, a cookie, and piece of bread. This hardly seems like the same child we were fighting with about eating last week.

Leah's first babysitter, Marlene, came over and brought each girl a Christmas present. It was good to visit with her. Leah still talks about her and remembers quite a lot of her days at Marlene's house.

Tomorrow I am at school all day. Thursday is another chemotherapy treatment in Iowa City (just a day trip). Chris happens to be off so we are all going down there for her appointment, going to Prairie Lights and then Hu Hot. If she has to go through all the poking and prodding at her appointments, then these small treats are at least something happy to look forward to.

Our Leah moments of the day were while we were making pancakes today. She has always enjoyed this, and it is something we have usually done every Saturday morning. She and Chloe were busy waiting for Chris to get milk at the store, and Leah was gently tapping each egg on the counter. Chloe was not so gently doing this (her eggs were the ones we had to use up). After I broke the last one and was fishing a shell out, Leah was watching me do this, "Oh my honkin' gosh, Tina," was her response to my mistake of having a shell drop in the egg.

Earlier while taking her two icky medicines she mentioned to me, "God needs to help Chloe take her medicine better."

We continue to pray for Leah's medicines to work, for her tumor to shrink in size, and for her doctors continued efforts in helping her healing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home