Thursday, January 20, 2011

All's Well




AFP - 2.8


So, the AFP is up a little again. They- Leah's doctor and the PA there- are most definitely not worried. This time I haven't been as worked up when I see the number 2.8. Yes, I would like it to be lower. But, all her other labs were fabulous. Both her platelets and hemoglobin were higher than the last time. Her echocardiogram they do to monitor her heart function was also good. We don't have to go back for six more months.

The weather cooperated today, with the only not-so-good driving occurring during the last 30 minutes of the trip when I got off the interstate and took country roads/highways back to Denver. It is blowing quite nicely right now. We shopped a bit and ate lunch at the Olive Garden. Now we are all home and since there are a few people who haven't had enough sleep we might soon be spending some quiet time in our bedrooms.

Dance Marathon is just a few weeks away. This will be our sixth one! I'm not sure if I should be excited about that, but the girls LOVE it. Leah is also attending a music camp on a Saturday in February at Wartburg College. Just yesterday she started the SOAR program at school, which is an enrichment program that meets once a week. There focus is on architecture so she has been busy telling me all about the Eiffel Tower.

The bridal show on Sunday was fun. There was a lot of waiting around, so I am not sure if Leah is wanting to do this again, but it was a new experience for her. The pictures I'm posting are from that. I think her hair looks beautiful.

Hopefully life will continue to be boring and normal. I can hardly wait for spring! Thanks for checking in and continuing to keep Leah in your prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear all is well! Think of you guys from time to time. Take care! Aaron, Emily, Liberty, Indy & Nile Epley

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home